Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I

So I will begin to introduce my friends here to you.
This is Natalie and Linda. We are in Nagano, a few hours away from Tokyo, at my school’s “camp.” It’s the school’s small resort really, there is skiing in the winter, a hot spring, golf, a lake, a gymnasium, and meeting rooms. The whole school was there for three days and two nights.
Nathalie (wearing pink) is from Columbia. When I first saw her I thought she couldn’t be older than me, but on the contrary Nathalie is 22. She hates spiders, and likes it when I talk with a Southern accent. Next year she’s studying photography.
Linda is my age from the Marshall Islands, but grew up in California and Hawaii. She tells me Marshallese folklore, and traditions. We joke about how small the islands are, and how small Nathalie is.
Linda’s leaving though; she’s going back to Hawaii at the end of the month. She’s had the past few months to think about what she wants to do, and I think she’s doing what’s best for her. I’m going to miss her a lot.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Yay blogs!
Tomo and I are starting at our website www.wackyloonies.com which is frankly quite patchy and only moderately interesting right now. But Tomo posted the 18 months of Zelda last month so there are photos. I'm sorry about zz (don't know who it is but sorry) and as far as missing things, are we going to see you at Nick & Tina's wedding? Otherwise we'll have to set up a Skype web camera session! Looking forward to seeing more about your discoveries, shana