Thursday, October 16, 2008

what a feeling, every time.

I went to a thrift shop the other day, in Ebisu, and they had the Azzedine Alaia black wedge sandals in my size. I can't stop thinking about them. I'm crazy.
It's a treasure, it really is, and the way I think of it, is that it's a once in a lifetime chance to make these shoes mine. How rational, I am.
How did the proprietor of the store come to acquire such a magnificent pair of shoes? How can she stand to put them up for sale?
This store also had an Imitation of Christ T-shirt from a couple years ago (actually, probably more than that) that had a barbed wire stripe pattern on it. I remember going into the Barney's in New York with my friend Jeanne, and she really wanted to get it. I was going to buy it for her, but I didn't have any cash, so I went back the next day, and poof, it was gone.
Of course whats holding me back is the price. The T-shirt, at Barney's was around $80, and at that store it was around $30. These sandals are around $300, yep, but they're in near pristine condition when they would have cost $600...and they're my size...
I've never felt deprived in my life, maybe because I come from Larchmont, but when I saw those shoes, oi vey.

If the complicated things in life could be simple, and the simple things complicated, it would be 'A Je To!'


No comments: