Tuesday, September 25, 2007

pin-up


Aya t. Kanai
, fashion director of Nylon magazine, interview(a).

Who are your personal fashion icons?
Pipi longstocking, she wore whatever she felt like… The original grunge girl… Ripped dresses with torn and mismatched socks, mens shoes, crazy hair. Love that. Having fun expressing yourself through clothes. I love it when fashion is a true reflection of who we are. It’s better than any runway on the planet. interview(b)

Mad props to the sartorialist for the picture, thank you very much, sir (it's linked to the picture's comments page).

"I love it when fashion is a true reflection of who we are."
Don't his pictures and his blog, and other "found style" street fashion/party picture profile type blogs, seemingly attempt to create a kind of criteria for this? A very discerning eye, he has, or perhaps he's just always in right place at the right time (fashion shows, fashion week). What am I trying to say here...If my fashion is a true reflection of my demeanor, my taste, my shape, why am I not on those blogs?!

I guess it leaves me room to grow.


No comments: