Saturday, September 08, 2007

thumbs down

I watched "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer." I had heard a bunch of hype about the book from my friends, and was planning on borrowing it from them at some point, maybe I still will. Anyhow, I saw the movie first. The title really gives it all away, except for the huge orgy towards the end, whoops! did I just...what? no? nevermind.

I came across this video interview with Bryan Bradley, the designer for Tuleh. I wonder: 1) why they chose him, 2) why he can't answer a question, or show any effort in creating an image for himself worth watching...or defending himself, expressing an ideal that be basis his designs on, his inspiration, not a fucking Chanel knock-off, or ugly prints! shit. Pardon me, it was just a little sad to watch...having no... for lack of a better work, spark. Well, he mentions doing a line for Lord and Taylor, and he's asked if he thinks that's selling out. I think it kinda is, but if fashion is anything, it's selling out. Especially now, Proenza Schouler at Target, Vera Wang at Kohl's (I think H&M's collaborations are an exception). You make money and get famous, but what about that creative sensibility you aren't permitted to explore or share when you're tied down to some contract. You're sacrificing what you believe to be beautiful for products that will be manufactured in quantities larger than the number of times you've cut your nails, and brushed you're teeth, and the kick of it is that most of it is going to be overstock, and crammed in some storage center, locked in some warehouse for the rest of eternity! Well, there's something gorgeous about that too, I suppose.

Got one more link here. It'll be your guide to new music, movies and books based on the ones you've already fell in love with.
Oh, I understand the concept, but, I doubt its effectiveness.
:(

New York Fashion Week!
:)

No comments: