Thursday, May 22, 2008

sweet soft charlotte



I finally got to take a look at the Paris Vogue from winter with Charlotte Gainsbourg. She cited Bertolucci's "Last Tango in Paris" as the movie she has seen with the most erotic scene. The interview goes on to talk about her own body image, and I'm sure it gets much more personal, but the lingo was a bit difficult, being in French and all, and my studies from high school allowed me to grasp just the tips of her long tousled hair. I got a rough idea about the contents of the magazine: sex, or perhaps sexuality (it is the French edition after all).
She intrigues me. I saw her in "The Science of Sleep" and "I'm Not There". She's so beautiful, no doubt about it, but that soft airy voice, and that long matured face...I'm ignorant, I know, but there's something about her that is
hard to put my finger on. Maybe because I can't make a direct or indirect correlation with her to any other person I know, celebrity or not. Maybe because her personal sense of style seems so different from what she wears at various events. Maybe it's because she seems separated from high fashion, yet she's Nicolas Ghesquiere's muse. I'm anxious to see more of her work, that's for sure.

Here she is for Very Elle magazine.






Or, do you prefer...



Both are amazing.

On a side note, Charlotte's picture reminds me of my friend's mom, Tracy Burtz's paintings, no?





No comments: